Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Glammed Up Sneakers

Hey lovelies!

What you've been crafting lately?

Today I'm showing you a little shoe project, inspired by many of my blogger friends. I had been dying to do this for six months, but I didn't have a pair to use for this. But then I found a cheap pair of sneakers, and could finally do it.

And now, I'm sharing it with you all. :)

I used:

A pair of sneakers
Decoupage varnish
Glitter
Rhinestones
Old newspaper for covering the floor
Paintbrush
A cup for blending glitter and the varnish

Photobucket

Photobucket

I started off by covering the area where I was going to work with an old newspaper. The glitter - not to mention the varnish - is so nasty to clean up, that I was rather safe than sorry. I removed the laces, and used some scotch tape to prevent glitter from getting into places I didn't want it to.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I mixed some black glitter with some decoupage varnish, and started adding the mix onto the shoes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I let the shoes dry up for a while, then added another layer of the glitter mix.

Photobucket

After the shoes were completely dry, I took some rhinestones, and started adding them to the fronts of the shoes. There were black ones already, but they looked very cheap and unfinished alone, so that's why I felt I needed to add something extra.

Photobucket

I added the rhinestones one by one, using the varnish (without glitter) as glue.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I let the pair dry before adding the laces, and below is the result:

Photobucket

Photobucket

They're now unique, and more statement that they were before. I'm sure they'll have a plenty of use when school starts and I need a pair I can run in - and look fine doing it. ;) (Notice how I changed the laces from black to white? I think they're better this way ;))

Is this something you would try out? And what's the latest "glam-up" you've done - with clothing or any other item?

I hope you're week is being very creative - as mine is. ;)

xoxo

Johanna

31 comments:

  1. Great work perfectly done dear!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, this was easy - you should try it yourself ♥

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love what you've done here, just found your blog and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's such a big compliment! ♥

      Delete
  4. amazing idea!!! I should try it myself :-)

    Love, Ylenia from Longuette
    Don't miss the opportunity to enter my giveaway! there's a fabulous ring to win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ylenia! I think you really should try this out! ♥

      Delete
  5. WOW, these are amazing! Great DIY dear, what a cute shoes! Love the final result. Thank you for the lovely visit dear. Following you on GFC and Bloglovin. Lets keep in touch

    www.girllilikoi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, and yes, let's keep in touch ♥

      Delete
  6. Love these! Fabulous post, so cute. Gonna have to do something like this.
    If you get a moment come check out my latest post!
    XOXO
    Morgan
    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll visit you (again) soon ♥

      Delete
  7. Really cool DIY, well done :)

    www.fashioncontainer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad to know it looks great :)

      Delete
  8. Those look amazing. I'm so impressed how you changed them, they turned out great. :)

    I would love for you to stop by and check out my pictures from my first Fashion Week.
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, love! I'm happy to know you liked this! ♥

      Delete
  9. great post! and you have a nice blog too !
    would you like to follow each other ? let me know;) I'll follow u back for sure ! :D

    cheers from
    Journal J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll check out your blog soon ♥

      Delete
  10. Very Cool!
    Check out my blog, write your opinion and maybe...follow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will pay you a visit ♥

      Delete
  11. Oohlala they look really nice! It's not really something I'd try myself as I always make a huge mess out of everything.. Nice post though, I'm following! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, glitter always makes such a big mess :D I'm like that too, actually, and I'm very, very clumsy :D

      Delete
  12. Really,This one is streaming and excellent information about fashion jewelry and fashion jewelry and beauty. Thank you for sharing the information with us. Keep on posting. Will be back to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, nice to know this was fun to read ♥

      Delete
  13. Looks absolutely great!!:)

    www.fussylife.com
    www.facebook.com/fussylife


    Will step by soon <3

    xoxo
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly, glad you liked this :) ♥

      Delete
  14. This is incredible! you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your creativity! these are amazing :)
    Legally Brunette ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment for me. I always read every single one of them, and appreciate all them equally, even though I might not answer to every one individually. :) Your lovely comments always make my day, and I love to hear what you're thinking. I try to have the time to check out your blogs, and maybe comment back. :)

You can comment in following languages (as these are the ones I understand):
English, Swedish, Finnish, Spanish, German

xoxo ♥